TuffServ® 480v2 Airborne Network Server
The TuffServ® 480v2 is a P3I update to the Model TS 480. It offers hardware and software compatibility to the TS 480 with increased performance to 500MB/second (800MB/s Peak), increased storage, and modern processor choices for the user. It functions as a ruggedized computer, a file server, or, with suitable application software, as a recorder. It can also be configured as a network-attached blockstorage device using the iSCSI protocol. The unit supports the AMPEX BLUE line of Cyber Security and Machine Learning software for Airborne and rugged applications.
The airborne server provides a large removable storage capacity which support the original TS 480 RSA and a new RSA with increased performance and storage to 16TB.
The standard system is delivered with the ACCE (AMPEX Common Compute Environment) Linux Red Hat Common Criteria Security Certified Operating System. This provides a wide range of network services out of the box, including NFS, SMB/CIFS, and iSCSI, as well as routing and bridging capabilities between the network interfaces. As a completely open system, based on the industry standard architecture, there is a wealth of additional open-source or commercial software which may be installed and deployed, including databases, multimedia packages and management tools. The standard system can be controlled and administered with a web browser or a terminal emulator and a traditional command line interface. Direct access is also available via the service ports.
- Ruggedized NAS Computer / Server / Recorder; fully compatible with the TS 480
- Hot-Swappable Removable Solid State Storage Array; supports legacy RSAs and new RSA
- Multiple Interfaces Gigabit Ethernet; Optical 10 Gigabit Ethernet, sFPDP, and custom
- NFS, CIFS/SMB Network File Systems
- AMPEX Common Compute Environment on a Certified Operating Systems Protection Profile platform
- GUI and Web Interface for Administration and Environmental Monitoring
- Conduction-cooled Flight-proven Pack
- Compact: 5.25″H x 7.25″W x 10″D