OEM mRMM Interface Kit for PCI-based Windows XP Platforms
Designed for use by Ampex partners who prefer to source their own PC chassis, or who have special
requirements that prohibit the use of Ampex’s own fully-integrated RMDs systems, the RMDsOEM consists of the
mRMM receiver, the mRR5 controller, and an adapter board to allow the mRR5 controller to be used in a PCI slot.
The mRR5 is, in effect, a “miniR on a board”, which is mounted in a PCI adapter and installed in a standard PCI
chassis. The receiver attaches to the mRR5 controller with a pair of cables, one for the data, one for control and
- Due to the wide variation in PC chassis and system boards, Ampex cannot warrant that the RMDsOEM will be compatible with any particular host system. We recommend that any proposed system be evaluated by Ampex prior to selecting this kit (fees may apply).
- The RMDsOEM uses a proprietary data interface between the mRR5 controller and the Windows XP system. This interface and the associated drivers are supported by the GSCD software package. In general, this software will be required for the proper operation of the RMDsOEM.
Picture shows PC chassis which is not supplied
- Kit interfaces miniR mRMM modules to Windows XP Systems
- Supports mRMM modules from 14GB to 448GB
- Supports Optional "On-the-Fly" Software Demultiplexing
- Occupies two card slots: one PCI (5V), the adjacent one must be empty
- Requires one half-height 5.25in bay
- Requires one Ethernet connection for the XP host system to control the Kit
- Requires Windows XP based system