The TuffServ™ 280 (TS 280) airborne server is a rugged, general purpose computing platform packaged for airborne and mobile applications. It functions as a ruggedized computer, a file server, or as a recorder when using additional application software. It could also be configured as a network-attached block-storage device using the iSCSI protocol.
The standard system is delivered with a Linux system based on the 2.6 kernel. This provides a wide range of network services out of the box, including NFS and Samba for Windows SMB/CIFS networks, FTP and iSCSI.
As a completely open system, based on the industry standard Intel architecture, there is a wealth of additional open-source or commercial software which may be installed and deployed, including databases, multimedia packages and management tools. The standard system can be controlled and administered with a web browser or a terminal emulator and a traditional command line interface. Direct access is also available via the service ports.
The TuffServ™ 280 supports both a twin SSD removable module for high-performance/high-capacity use, and up to two CompactFlash cards for low cost commodity storage. The twin SSD module can be configured for performance (striped) or redundancy (mirrored).
Each media slot in the recorder can be individually configured type of access e.g. have the twin SSD accessible over NFS and the CompactFlash cards using FTP.
- Compact, Cost Effective Performance
- Flexible Media Options
- Use As A Ruggedized Computer / File Server / Recorder
- Hot-Swappable Twin SSD Module
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces
- Optional Dual CompactFlash Slots
- PMC/XMC Expansion Slot (Optional)
- NFS, CIFS/SMB Network File Systems
- FTP and iSCSI Servers
- Web Interface for Administration and Environmental Monitoring
- Conduction-cooled Flight-rated Enclosure
- Compact: 176 Cubic Inches, Standard Panel Width (Excluding side mounting flanges)