Software Engineer III
Software Security Development Engineer
Do you excel in an environment that values working and playing hard? Would you like to be part of a team developing, maintaining, and supporting the latest technologies in the field of rugged avionics, network security, and intelligent data management? AMPEX is a small, fast paced, growing aerospace company looking for new teammates.
AMPEX is looking for a highly organized SW Development Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary Cybersecurity and Machine Learning engineering team in developing leading data management solution products for aerospace applications. AMPEX provides a dynamic environment where you can apply your skills on a diversity of technical challenges.
Under the direction of the Software Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer III will perform software design, code and test for high performance Mission Data Recorder, Cyber, and Machine Learning products. Within this role, the successful individual will contribute to architectural aspects of our projects. Furthermore, he/she may direct junior level Software Engineers.
- Design and integrate complex SW components using C++ and/or Python in Linux environment
- Perform software code (microcontroller & application level), unit test and software integration
- Perform design verification and validation testing
- Produce and maintain software design documentation
- 5+ years of related experience in data encryption, key management, and secure data exchange between applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- A plus to have familiarity with security certification agencies
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Basic Life Insurance
- No Relocation
AMPEX is a cutting edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in cyber security, mission data acquisition, embedded computing, onboard machines learning, and commercial flight test systems. AMPEX’s team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s toughest challenges. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Japan, Horsham PA and our headquarters facility in Hayward, CA.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.
- Ampex Data Systems Announces Multi-year Contract with Collins Aerospace for U.S. Navy’s E-2D Hawkeye Trainers
- Ampex Data Systems Announces Multi-year Contract with Northrop Grumman for U.S. Navy’s E-2D Hawkeye
- When it Comes to Capturing the Best Quality Video, the TuffCORD is Tough to Beat!
- Ampex Intelligent Systems Named ‘Industry Team of the Year’ Finalist in the 2019 Cyber Security Awards!
- Ampex’s BLUE Lightning Awarded in Four Cybersecurity Excellence Categories