AMPEX is looking for a highly organized Avionics Embedded Software Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team in developing leading instrumentation products for aerospace applications.
The Avionics Embedded Software Engineer architects, designs, codes, integrates and tests embedded software for our Mission Data Recorder Product Line.
The candidate must be familiar with C++ development in a Linux environment. Familiar with standard development practices for build systems, source control, unit-test, software validation, bug tracking and design for manufacturing. The candidate must be able to have and maintain a secret clearance.
The successful candidate will see a project through from the initial requirements definition, design, documentation, implementation, qualification testing, product documentation and product support.
- Design and implement Linux based applications for network attached devices.
- Interact with Hardware and system engineers to capture and track software requirements.
- Interact with customers, vendors to capture and track software requirements.
- Design and develop machine based systems.
- Work with structured and unstructured data sources.
- Writes C/C++ and Python based software modules.
- Maintains source code using the subversion repository.
- Writes scripts to verify software functionality (“white-box” testing).
- Assists with integration of the design into the target system and assist with transitioning the design into production.
- Provides documentation for product software features.
- Supports team development by actively working with other team members to share their experience.
- Assists with customer support once the design is deployed into the field.
- 3 – 7 years of experience in embedded software development.
- Strong C++ skill set.
- Low-level network programming.
- Linux device driver development.
- Data Management and optimization techniques for high bandwidth data throughput.
- Network security and Operating system security guidelines.
- Software security assurance practices.
- Cyber-security practice.
- Test and Validation reporting practices.
- Ability to maintain or currently possess an Active US DoD clearance.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- No Relocation
AMPEX is a cutting edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in cyber security, mission data acquisition, embedded computing, onboard machines learning, and commercial flight test systems. AMPEX’s team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s toughest challenges. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Japan, Horsham PA and our headquarters facility in Hayward, CA.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.