Business Development Manager
Do you excel in an environment that values working and playing hard? Would you like to be part of a team developing, maintaining, and supporting the latest technologies in the field of rugged avionics, network security, and intelligent data management? AMPEX is a small, fast paced, growing aerospace company looking for new teammates. AMPEX is looking for a self-motivated, independent, success driven, highly organized Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our multidisciplinary sales team in supporting leading data management solution products for aerospace applications. AMPEX provides a dynamic environment where you can apply your skills on a diversity of technical challenges.
Reporting to the Ampex Director of Sales the BDM is responsible for providing program-based sales growth for Ampex Data Systems Corporation. This position will have responsibility for the profitable growth and capture of assigned accounts, initiatives, and pursuits/captures within Ampex Data Systems Corporation. This position requires strong personal initiative to identify challenges and achieve growth in assigned areas.
- Leadership, Management, & Sales within the assigned Territory (Northeast U.S.: OK, KS, NE, ND, SD, MN, IO, MO, IL, WI, MI, IN, KY, OH, WV, PA, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, NH, ME)
- Execute the company’s strategic plan to grow the business unit and meet individual performance goals to include annual/quarterly bookings quota
- Guide the full spectrum of corporate functions for ADS to include strategic planning, business development, proposal development, product design, manufacturing, marketing, communications, and partnership development
- Lead white paper and contract proposal development to include writing and organizing content in coordination with the technical team
- Develop strategic and tactical sales strategies to capture long and short-term business
- Obtain a working knowledge of Ampex solutions for data management systems and deliver sales presentations, both written and verbal, in a highly effective manner
- Find new leads, pitch Ampex solutions, and close sales to meet quarterly and annual quota
- Grow the sales pipeline for the business unit to achieve revenue goals
- Prospecting for Mission/ISR Multi-Year Programs that Ampex can address
- Grow relationships at key accounts in assigned territory; drive towards establishment of new and Multi-Year accounts.
- Travel to deliver sales presentations at customer locations and develop/maintain customer relationships
- Attend industry trade shows and pitch Ampex solutions to attendees at show sessions, during sidebar conversations, and at the company trade show booth
- Execute travel and marketing plan within a given budget
- Search for sales leads using a variety of online tools
- Provide weekly reporting to management on sales lead and business capture status
- Forecast potential quarterly revenue for each sales lead via company tracking procedures
- Be the primary POC between Ampex and the customer for account management and program deliverables
- Being a hunter who aggressively develops sales prospects and converts leads into closed business throughout the assigned territory or channel
- 3 years of experience in technical sales
- Can quickly learn company products/solutions and deliver sales presentations, both written and verbal, in a highly effective manner
- Airplane travel to meet customers an average of twice a month for 2 to 4 days a trip on average
- Can accurately forecast potential revenue and update sales forecast tracking tools
- Highly organized self-starter who can operate independently, managing travel schedule, sales calls, and customer follow-up
- Engaging personality, unafraid to approach potential customers to include cold calling
- Highly adept at working well with a team of fellow sales leads and engineering staff
- Outstanding communicator, both written and verbal, to include public speaking
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Internet access from home
- Ability to work from a home office
- 5 years of sales experience with a strong history of meeting sales quotas
- An understanding of selling into the DoD and/or vertical markets
- Good general knowledge cyber-security and encryption
- Customer contacts in our target customer markets
- Ability to maintain or currently possess an active U.S. security clearanceThis position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- No Relocation
AMPEX is a cutting edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in data management, including: data acquisition, data storage, and embedded computing for aerospace or ground operations, to include flight test, in harsh environments; aerospace platform cyber security; industrial control system cyber security; and machine learning for data analytics. AMPEX is a Silicon Valley small business with partners around the globe bringing proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s needs. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Japan, and our headquarters facility in Hayward, California.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.