Integrated, Low-cost Recording, NAS, and Data Acquisition
Common Architecture Recorder (CAR)
- Modular, Extensible Linux-Based Open Architecture
- Software Defined Recording with ACCE (Ampex Common Compute Environment)
- Network File Server w/ NAS capabilities
- Integrated Information Assurance
- USB “Type C” Connectivity
- Standard: 2x 1000BaseT Ethernet
- Optional GNSS/GPS Receiver (with ‘Disable’ feature)
- Power through wide-range DC, Power-Over-Ethernet or USB-C. Optional MIL-STD-704
- ‘All-in-One’ Processor & Storage Module
- Removable Storage Media Variant²
- Fixed Storage Media Available in capacities to 2TB
- Optional Selectable Data Types², including:
- Video Acquisition and Compression: HD-SDI with KLV Metadata, DVI/HDMI, Multi-channel SD (RS-170), MIL-STD 1553B, with one or two dual-redundant busses, plus IRIG-B, Gigabit Ethernet (Fiber and Dual Copper), High-Speed Serial, Others Upon Request
The Common Architecture Recorder (CAR) helps customers shift data acquisition and recording systems from a capital expense to an operating cost. The CAR is scalable with the flexibility to add almost everything you might want, but not stuffed with the costly things you don’t need. The low-cost of the CAR is only rivaled by its small size, making it perfect for “attritable” aerospace and ground vehicles.
The Common Architecture recorder (CAR) is perfect for recording compressed video in low-cost, attritable systems like some unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or unmanned ground systems. Designed to be slightly less rugged and much less costly, the CAR can reliably record two channels of video for a major system and can be affordably replaced as an operating expense as required.
As “attritable” unmanned systems begin to play a larger role in the EW landscape, the Common Architecture Recorder (CAR) increases in importance. Specifically designed at a cost point, performance level, and size for unmanned systems, the CAR is the perfect fit for the growing market for unmanned EW platforms.
For customers who need short-term, small scale, mission computing power that is attritable (extremely low costly, less rugged, nearly expendable), the Common Architecture Recorder (CAR) is the perfect solution. It is ideal for attritable systems like unmanned vehicles and unattended sensors. Like all Ampex systems, the CAR can also capture and record military and commercial standard bus data (e.g. MIL-STD 1553, 1760, ARINC-429).
The Common Architecture Recorder (CAR) is ideal for flight test programs looking to shift test data recording from a capital cost to an operating expense. The CAR gives customers the lowest cost recording option while still providing capable network file server functionality. The CAR is also prefect for “quick fix” instrumentation installs in tights spaces if a temporary solution is required.