Do you excel in an environment that values working and playing hard? AMPEX has created a small, fast paced, and quickly growing Cyber and Machine Learning team looking for new teammates.
AMPEX is looking for a highly organized Machine Learning Software Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team in developing industry leading products.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to join our existing ML team in developing and refining cutting-edge machine learning algorithms for video, RF Analytics, and Cybersecurity.
The position requires the ability to investigate and create new Machine Learning models with the ability to implement production level software. Understanding Neural Networks and industry standard tools for data analysis is required.
The team will see projects through from the initial requirements definition, design, implementation, qualification testing, product documentation and product support. The candidate must be familiar with C++ development in a Linux environment. Familiarity with industry standard development practices for build systems, source control, unit-test, software validation, bug tracking and design for manufacturing. The candidate must be able to have and maintain a secret clearance.
- Develop and develop machine-based systems in Matlab and Python; work with structured and unstructured data sources.
- Create approaches to extract useful information from images and data from various input sources; develop techniques to robustly detect anomalies, classify and accurately annotate data sources.
- Software Engineering for new product development.
- Design and implement Linux based applications for network attached devices.
- Provide design input for the over-all development environment.
- Interact with Hardware and System Engineers to capture and track software requirements.
- Interact with customers and vendors to capture and track software requirements.
- Develop tests and test infrastructure for evaluating algorithms and machine learning systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
- Strong mathematical background
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Artificial/neural network GPU processing
- Low-level network programming
- Linux Device driver development
- Data management and optimization techniques
- Network security and Operating system security guidelines.
- Software security assurance practices.
- Cyber-security practices.
- Software Quality Assurance practices.
- Test and Validation reporting practices
- Ability to maintain or currently possess an Active US DoD clearance
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- No Relocation
AMPEX is a cutting edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in cyber security, mission data acquisition, embedded computing, onboard machines learning, and commercial flight test systems. AMPEX’s team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s toughest challenges. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Japan, and our headquarters facility in Hayward, CA.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.
- Ampex Data Systems Announces Multi-year Contract with Northrop Grumman for U.S. Navy’s E-2D Hawkeye
- When it Comes to Capturing the Best Quality Video, the TuffCORD is Tough to Beat!
- Ampex Intelligent Systems Named ‘Industry Team of the Year’ Finalist in the 2019 Cyber Security Awards!
- Ampex’s BLUE Lightning Awarded in Four Cybersecurity Excellence Categories
- Airbus Defence and Space Chooses AMPEX to Support Canada’s Search and Rescue Aircraft Replacement