Do you excel in an environment that values working and playing hard? AMPEX has created a small, fast paced, and quickly growing Cyber and Machine Learning team looking for new teammates. AMPEX is looking for a highly organized Software Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team in developing leading instrumentation products for aerospace applications. The candidate must be familiar with C++ development in a Linux environment. Familiar with industry standard development practices for build systems, source control, unit-test, software validation, bug tracking and design for manufacturing.
The team will see a project through from the initial requirements definition, design documentation, implementation, qualification testing, product documentation and product support.
- C++ based software development for network-based applications in a Linux environment.
- Maintain version control systems, build systems and design documentation.
- Support software validation through test infrastructure including unit test and system level test and validation.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Low-level network programming.
- Storage device classes and file systems.
- Linux device driver development.
- Data Management and optimization techniques.
- Network security and Operating system security guidelines.
- Software security assurance practices.
- Cyber-security practices.
- Artificial Neural network/GPU processing.
- Software Quality Assurance practices.
- Test and Validation reporting practices
- Ability to maintain or currently possess an Active US DoD clearance
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- No Relocation
AMPEX is a cutting edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in cyber security, mission data acquisition, embedded computing, onboard machines learning, and commercial flight test systems. AMPEX’s team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s toughest challenges. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Japan, Horsham PA and our headquarters facility in Hayward, CA.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.