Standards-Based Network Multiplexer
The AMPEX AMux™ 700 Data Acquisition Unit (DAU) is a network multiplexer using the IRIG 106 Chapter 10 packet and stream format. Based on the successful miniR® 700 recorder system, the AMux™ 700 DAU timestamps data received over any supported interface and creates a single network output channel over Ethernet, using either a dependable TCP/IP connection or a versatile UDP/IP packet stream. When UDP is used, the AMux™ can use multicast addressing for even greater versatility.
Configurable and Reconfigurable
Building on the modularity of the miniR recorder, the AMux™ 700 DAU base system includes the AB-003 control unit, the mR-X02 multiplex module with a dedicated timecode input, the mR-ES2 Gigabit Ethernet switch with three available ports, and an AM-801 Gigabit Ethernet output module. Additional input modules may be added — with a limit of seven to nine input modules, depending on the power and performance required of each. Time can be supplied using IRIG-B or HAVE QUICK time into the mR-X02 module, or over the network using NTP or IEEE1588 PTP. Power filter and hold-up modules are also available to meet the needs of a wide range of environments.
While achievable throughput of the system will vary depending on the number and characteristics of the inputs, the system is rated to provide a usable payload throughput of 60MBytes/sec (480Mbits/sec), limited by the capability of AM-801 output module to accurately deliver data with no loss of packets.
- Ethernet Data Acquisition Unit (DAU)
- IRIG 106 Chapter 10 Packet Format
- Modular, Expandable and Flexible I/O Options
- Gigabit Ethernet Output Interface
- Fast Ethernet Control Interface
- Built-in Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Compatible with miniR® 700 and AMux™ I/O Modules
- Supports TCP, UDP and Multicast UDP Output Modes
- Conduction-cooled Flight-rated Proven Enclosure
- IRIG-106 Chapter 10 packet format
- Network acquisition as well as output interfaces
- SD Video, MPEG2 and MPEG4
- HD Video, both H.264/AVC and Motion JPEG2000
- IntelliBus® interface
- Variety of AMux I/O Modules: PCM, UART, Analog, and Avionics buses