Software Engineer III
Software Development Engineer
Do you excel in an environment that values working and playing hard? Would you like to be part of a team developing, maintaining, and supporting the latest technologies in the field of rugged avionics, network security, and intelligent data management? AMPEX is a fast paced and growing aerospace company looking for new teammates.
AMPEX is looking for a highly organized Software (SW) Development Engineer to join our multidisciplinary Cybersecurity and Machine Learning engineering team in developing leading data management solution products for aerospace applications. AMPEX provides a dynamic environment where you can apply your skills on a diversity of technical challenges.
Under the direction of the Software Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer III will perform software design, code and test for high performance Mission Data Recorder and Cyber products. Within this role, the successful individual will contribute to architectural aspects of our projects. Furthermore, he/she may direct junior level Software Engineers.
- Design and integrate complex SW components using C++ and/or Python in Linux environment
- Perform software code (microcontroller & application level), unit test and software integration
- Perform design verification and validation testing
- Produce and maintain software design documentation
- 5+ years of SW development experience
- Experience with data encryption, key management, and secure data exchange between applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- Familiarity with security certification agencies
- The ability to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
- Sign-on Bonus
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Basic Life Insurance
- No Relocation
AMPEX is a cutting-edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in cyber security, mission data acquisition, embedded computing, onboard machines learning, and commercial flight test systems. AMPEX’s team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s toughest challenges. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Japan and our headquarters facility in Hayward, CA.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.