Software Quality Test Engineer
Do you excel in an environment that values working and playing hard? AMPEX has created a small, fast paced, and quickly growing team looking for new teammates.
AMPEX is looking for a highly organized Software Quality Test Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team.
The Software Quality Test Engineer is responsible for conducting functional and performance testing of our Mission Data Recorder, Cyber and Machine Learning products to ensure that the Products conform to the specification documents.
You will be required to review hardware and software functional capabilities documents, requirements documents and product specifications to write and execute formal test plans and test cases, and write test reports.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Deploy configuration controlled software to Ampex Mission Data Recorder, Cyber and Machine Learning products
- Maintain and ensure quality of product (hardware and software) release package
- Write and execute formal test plans and test cases, and write formal test reports
- Write and execute Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) Test Procedures and Test Reports
- Document and report product defects
- Maintain a library of Product test plans, test cases, and formal test reports
- Develop and execute regression tests
- Maintain test environments
- Write and execute testing using scripting languages and tools
- Interface with Quality Assurance to verify and validate outputs
- Travel to Colorado Springs as necessary
- 3 to 7 years of experience in Integration and Test
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Quality Assurance procedures and standards
- Experience with Python or other Scripting languages
- Experience with Test and Validation practices
- Experience with Defect Tracking and reporting tools
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
AMPEX is a cutting edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in cyber security, mission data acquisition, embedded computing, onboard machines learning, and commercial flight test systems. AMPEX’s team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s toughest challenges. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Japan, Horsham PA and our headquarters facility in Hayward, CA.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.