Software Sales Engineer
Do you excel in an environment that values working and playing hard? AMPEX Data Systems is looking for an aggressive Software Sales Engineer who has a proven track record, integrity and is a self-motivated/self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a dynamic environment.
The candidate must be experienced with C++ development in a Linux environment. Familiar with standard development practices for build systems, source control, unit-test, software validation, bug tracking and design for manufacturing.
In addition to software development responsibilities the successful candidate will support the execution of the corporate strategic plan to grow the business unit by interacting with customers presenting Ampex product briefings and answering customers’ technical questions. This person would deliver tag-team sales presentations with Ampex Business Development staff at customer facilities and over the phone. This person would coordinate with our high-powered technical team and management staff at our Silicon Valley headquarters and laboratory in Colorado Springs, Colorado and provide input to our technology development roadmap based on customer needs. This candidate can work from either our Hayward, CA or Colorado Springs, CO office.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Design engineering for new product development.
- Interact with Hardware and system engineers to capture and track software requirements.
- Design and develop imbedded software.
- Linux device driver development.
- Data Management and optimization techniques.
- Network security and Operating system security guidelines.
- Lead white paper and contract proposal development to include writing and organizing content in coordination with the technical team.
- Experience in software sales with a machine learning or AI focus.
- Can quickly learn company products/solutions and deliver sales presentations, both written and verbal, in a highly effective manner.
- Interact with customers, vendors to capture and track software requirements.
- Highly adept at working well with a team of fellow sales leads and engineering staff.
- Outstanding communicator, both written and verbal, to include public speaking.
- Ability to maintain or currently possess an Active US DoD clearance.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
AMPEX is a cutting edge technology innovation company working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in cyber security, mission data acquisition, embedded computing, onboard machines learning, and commercial flight test systems. AMPEX’s team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance and leading technologies to meet our government and commercial customer’s toughest challenges. Ampex has locations in Colorado Springs, Japan, Horsham PA and our headquarters facility in Hayward, CA.
AMPEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.