Tech Tips Blog:
Ampex Launches Low-cost Network File Server Recorder for Attritable Applications
NEW! Full Spectrum Data Management Solutions Brochure from Ampex
When it Comes to Capturing the Best Quality Video, the TuffCORD is Tough to Beat!
Custom Hardware & Software Solutions from AMPEX
Next Generation High-speed Network Flight Test Instrumentation Solutions
NEW SmartCable Intelligent Download Interface
NEW TuffServ Rugged Network File Server Brochure
NEW TuffServ Rackmount Solutions
New AMPEX Facility is Built for Success
Brochures & Documentation:
Product Overview Brochure
High-Speed, High-Capacity Product Comparison Chart
- Value-added software can be added to any system
- Network interface options are not all-inclusive and can be customized
Network Centric Flight Test Architectures
Intelligent Data Management for Air, Land, Sea and Space Platforms
Air, land, sea and space platforms generate an ever increasing volume of data, which, is outpacing the ability to effectively review and analyze the information. Ampex has developed BLUE IQ to mediate this problem by providing cognitive data analytics using deep learning at the airborne, space borne or ground sensor.
Technical Papers & Presentations:
- This paper explores the potential for the use of airborne content analytics in both the Test and Evaluation (T&E) and production/operational environments. Using machine learning and neural networks to examine large datasets for potentially interesting events can dramatically reduce the time taken to identify anomalies, and represents a significant part of the development of the capabilities required by innovations such as “self-driving cars.” Development of parallel processing solutions using components originally designed for graphics display (“General Purpose Graphics Processor Units”, or GPGPU) has provided processing resources that promise to make machine learning systems a viable component of a space- (and power-)constrained on-board content analytic system. Examples of applications for such systems are discussed, focused on those for which a GPGPU with a few hundred cores might be practical.
- Alexander M. Poniatoff founded Ampex in 1944, primarily to manufacture small motors and generators for military applications. When WWII ended, the military contracts dropped off, and Alex had to search for a new line of business to continue his company’s existence. He and his small group of engineers heard a demonstration of a Magnetophon, a German magnetic tape recorder used by Hitler during WWII. The demonstration quickly convinced Alex to redirect his company and soon it was designing and manufacturing professional-quality magnetic tape recorders. Bing Crosby was a great help in Ampex’s early years. The company grew quickly and, within a short time, dominated the magnetic tape recorder market in radio, television, the record industry, and industrial and military markets for instrumentation recorders.
- This paper discusses the application of two of the latest video encoding approaches for test platforms, particularly in bandwidth-constrained and over imperfect (lossy) transmission links. High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC or H.265) is compared with MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding (AVC or H.264), and the behavior of both in low bandwidth and lossy transmission channels is explored, concentrating on the ability to transmit usable information over low bandwidth links using each approach. Comparison of the same video simultaneously compressed heavily for constrained links and lightly for on-board storage is used to illustrate the effects of heavy compression on video usability, as well as side-by-side comparison of the output of both video encoding algorithms as implemented in a rugged airborne package.
Training & Lunch and Learns:
Ampex provides education and training sessions for a variety of needs both virtually (video teleconference) and in person as part of customer lunch and learns. Education topics include software-based recording, onboard cyber security/encryption, high speed data acquisition and storage, and artificial intelligence/machine learning, among many others.
Training is focused on effectively using Ampex products and includes configuration, operation, and maintenance techniques and procedures. In-person sessions can be done at your location or at Ampex locations in Silicon Valley, Colorado Springs, Colorado, or the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania metro area (parent company location).
There are no upcoming events at this time.